We are looking for talented computer scientists for research scientist positions. We hire researchers who are driven to innovate in areas on Information Retrieval, Data Mining, Natural Language Processing, Machine Learning and Operations Research. The Data Science Lab @JD.com offers competitive salaries, benefits and research support.
Application Instructions: Applicants must submit a curriculum vitae electronically at email@example.com .
The Data Science Lab @JD.com is passionate on addressing data challenges in the one of the largest e-commerce portals in the world. The research team within the data science lab provides opportunities to innovate in a start-up mode and lets you contribute to novel projects and technologies that get deployed on JD.com. It is full of new challenges and opportunities for innovation. We are looking for world class, fun-loving research scientists to join us!
We are looking for a few research scientists with strong background in machine learning, information retrieval, data mining, or natural language processing to join the Data Science Lab. Your essential responsibility is to address challenges on information retrieval, natural language processing, knowledge graphs and operations research. A Researcher on this team will translate business and functional requirements into quick prototypes or proofs of concept.
Your long term responsibility includes deep understanding and analyzing large-scale data challenges, designing and developing better ways to understand users and their online behaviors, which may include machine learning, information retrieval, natural language processing, knowledge harvesting, operations research, etc.
A suitable candidate for this position will be a highly motivated person with innovated ideas and solid coding skills, who will be able to work closely with other team members and collaborate with engineering teams.
1. Design, implement and evaluate novel algorithms to address data challenges in JD.com
2. Given large-scale datasets, focusing on creating scalable and accurate recommender systems in versatile application fields
3. Work closely with software engineering teams to drive scalable, real-time implementations
1. Ph.D. in Computer Science or equivalent.
2. Experience in Information Retrieval, Data Mining, Natural Language Processing, or Machine Learning.
3. Publications at top-tier peer-reviewed conferences or journals
4. Proven track record of innovation in creating novel algorithms and advancing the state of the art
5. Experience in JAVA, Hadoop, Python, C/C++, and Shell scripts.
6. Experience with Hadoop/Hbase/Pig or Mapreduce/Sawzall/Bigtable
Applied Operations Research Scientist
JD.com, Inc. is the leading online direct sales company in China. The Company strives to offer consumers the best online shopping experience. Through its contentrich and user-friendly website jd.com and mobile applications, JD.com offers a wide selection of authentic products at competitive prices and delivers products in a speedy and reliable manner. The Company believes it has the largest fulfillment infrastructure of any e-commerce company in China. JD.com operated 7 fulfillment centers and a total of 118 warehouses with an aggregate gross floor area of approximately 2.3 million square meters in 39 cities, and 2,045 delivery stations and 1,045 pickup stations in 1,855 counties and districts across China, staffed by its own employees. The Company provided sameday delivery in 130 countries and districts under its 211 programs and nextday delivery in another 815 counties and districts across China as of September 30, 2014.Optimization team builds optimization models and analytic tools that improve the efficiency of the Company’s supply chain. We solve challenging and interesting problems, involving inventory, distribution, and delivery systems. Collaborating closely with Development and Business team, we build datadriven models that solve real business problems, and further guide and drive business development. As an Applied Operations Research Scientist in the Optimization team, you will work with experts in various areas, and grow together with our young team.
Positions available in both Beijing, China and Santa Clara, CA, US.
1. Ph.D. in Operations Research, Industrial Engineering, Operations Management, Applied Mathematics, or related areas;
2. Solid background in mathematical programming, including linear programming, nonlinear
programming, combinatorial programming, and dynamic programming;
3. Experience in solving real problems with datadriven models;
4. Experience in solving optimization problems with optimization solvers such as CPLEX, XPRESS, and
5. Ability to build prototypes with one or more programming/script languages such as Python, Java, C,
6. Excellent communication skills and teamwork .
1. 3+ years work experience in online retailing, logistics, inventory management, or related areas;
2. Familiarity with statistical analysis (such as parameter estimation, regression analysis, hypothesis
testing), sampling, simulation, and forecasting;
3. Experience with databases (such as SQL) and statistical programming languages (such as R and SAS).